Efficient and attractive connectivity by all modes utilising or impacting on the A641; providing safe, convenient and enhanced accessibility through Brighouse, key growth sites, adjoining communities and facilitating good growth across Calderdale, Kirklees, Bradford and the wider sub-region.
The plans will be delivered in collaboration with neighbouring authorities; Kirklees and Bradford.
- Journey times: Improved journey times and reliability for all modes to facilitate good growth
- Employment and housing: Land unlocked for employment and sustainable housing growth in the South East Calderdale area, including Clifton Enterprise Zone and the Garden Suburbs
- Connectivity: Improved accessibility and connectivity to facilitate and increase the attractiveness of multi modal travel
- Enhancing the area: Safeguard and enhance the natural and built environments
- Air quality: Contribute to carbon reduction, air quality improvements and congestion mitigation
- Working in partnership: Improved alignment and integration with key stakeholder priorities, strategies and other projects and initiatives
The A641 Strategic Outline Business Case (SOC) was approved in summer 2020 and the A641 scheme will now progress to develop an Outline Business Case (OBC). At this stage we will continue to define the scope of the project to identify the range, type and location of interventions required in order to achieve the benefits. It is anticipated that public consultation will take place in spring or summer 2021
This project was made possible through funding from: