The Halifax Borough Market project includes:
- Options for enhancing the retail offer and facilities available within the building.
- Options for bringing the residential properties, 'Streets in the Sky', within the building back into use.
- Solutions to ensure this important facility gains maximum benefit from proposed transport infrastructure investment delivered as part of the West Yorkshire-plus Transport Fund.
- Place making: At the heart of Halifax, the improvements will celebrate the Borough Market, finding the most effective ways to preserve and enhance this historic building for future generations to enjoy.
- Economic growth: The project will encourage business growth both in the market and around Halifax town centre. The potential ‘Streets in the Sky’ will also encourage new investment in Halifax town centre.
Exciting plans to develop the Borough Market were approved by Council Cabinet in March 2019. The next steps are to establish a priority-led programme of works to enable the Council to take advantage of external funding opportunities as they arise.
To find out more about Halifax Borough Market, visit the dedicated website: www.halifaxboroughmarket.co.uk