The Halifax Leisure Centre project includes:
- a new leisure centre and swimming pool built at the current North Bridge Leisure Centre site
- incorporation of the existing main sports hall and viewing balcony
- Economic growth: Contributing to the wider regeneration of Halifax town centre as part of an improved retail and leisure offer. The leisure centre will meets the needs of an increasing population within the Borough, whilst attracting more visitors.
- Sustainability: Reduced health inequalities throughout the Borough by providing sustainable leisure facilities, which are more accessible to residents in areas with poor health outcomes.
- Efficiency: The project will make efficiencies in spending, rationalise existing provision, make better use of land assets, whilst at the same time improving sports and leisure services for the community.
- Health and wellbeing benefits: Providing improved facilities will encourage people to be more active.
Work is currently progressing on the detailed design. This includes incorporating the stakeholder and public feedback as part of the summer 2018 engagement campaign. This will ensure that those who are using the facilities will benefit from them.