The project will see a brand new Sixth Form Centre for up to 1,000 students. It will see high quality office space and a new retail and leisure offer in the heart of Halifax.
The Halifax Northgate House project includes:
- Strip out of the existing Northgate House and old library building to create a blank canvas for the new development.
- Introduction of a new sixth form centre delivered with Trinity Multi-Academy Trust and Rastrick High School.
- Delivering 12,000 sq ft. of flexible retail space and 40,000 sq ft. of high quality office space across five storeys.
- Economic growth: The project will provide economic growth and employment opportunities in Halifax. Northgate House has the potential to be a hub of business, leisure and retail interest.
- Education: The improved education and skills offer in Calderdale will encourage business investment and good growth, as well as giving Calderdale’s young people more career opportunities.
- Accessibility: With up to 1,000 students places in the centre of town and adjacent to Halifax bus station, the next Sixth Form Centre and businesses will be well connected.
Full planning permission for the site was granted in September 2018 and work on site started n April 2019.
The Sixth Form Centre will be welcoming students in September 2020 and the retail and offices will open in summer 2021.