The newly developed Mixenden Hub will be a vibrant, modern building with excellent health, learning and retail facilities
The Mixenden Community Hub forms part of the Calderdale Council’s plans to regenerate areas within the region. The new build facility will provide local residents with a new library, GP Practice, pharmacy and community retail shops. This is an increasingly common blueprint for local councils, optimising the use of the Council’s existing estate whilst creating a much needed amenities for residents. This is an exciting new facility and focal point for the community.
- Community: Much needed facilities whilst creating a central hub for the community
- New facilities: Brand new GP surgery, pharmacy and Library
- Under one roof: The Pharmacy and Surgery will have a direct internal link allowing easy and safe access for all users
- Integrated library: The new library will be located next to the pharmacy providing state of art resources in a modern environment
- Retail opportunities:The development will create a number of lettable retail spaces which have the potential to be developed into either convenience store or new local businesses
- Outdoor space: A community garden will be created for residents and local groups to use
The next phase will see the project team working with the designer team and quantity surveyors to progress the detailed design stage. There will also be close working with the surgery, pharmacy and library representatives to capture their requirements. A construction tender will be issued over the coming months and it's anticipated that construction will begin on site in summer 2020.
Information boards have been installed at the site for Mixenden residents. The architect and project team will also be attending a Ward Forum event in March to showcase the scheme.