Clifton Business Park is a major regeneration initiative that aims to create significant new business and employment opportunities in Calderdale.
The proposed Clifton Business Park would be one of the Leeds City Region Enterprise Zones, supported by Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), West Yorkshire Combined Authority, Calderdale Council, and the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government.
- A business park development with new employment uses, roads, footpaths, new drainage infrastructure and landscaping.
- New walking, cycling and road access to Clifton Business Park, including linking the A644 Wakefield Road and A643 Clifton Common.
- Economic growth: Enterprise Zones can be the driving force of local economies as they unlock key development sites, consolidate infrastructure, attract business and create jobs which in turn supports the local community and businesses.
- Business growth: Clifton Business Park has the potential to address the strong demand for high quality employment space within Calderdale, currently unfulfilled due to the lack of any other large site and the development challenges of the few smaller sites available.
- Transport improvements: on-site transport infrastructure will complement and extend the A641 Bradford – Brighouse– Huddersfield Corridor improvement scheme approved by The Combined Authority as one of the schemes forming the West Yorkshire plus Transport Fund.
We are working with the West Yorkshire Combined Authority to progress plans for the site and we have an approved Outline Planning Application. To support this application we engaged the public and local businesses about our draft plans in February and March 2019. The engagement report is available to review.