Clifton Business Park is a major regeneration initiative that aims to create significant new business and employment opportunities in Calderdale.
The proposed Clifton Business Park would be one of the Leeds City Region Enterprise Zones, supported by Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), West Yorkshire Combined Authority, Calderdale Council, and the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government.
- A business park development with new employment uses, roads, footpaths, new drainage infrastructure and landscaping.
- New walking, cycling and road access to Clifton Business Park, including linking the A644 Wakefield Road and A643 Clifton Common.
- Economic growth: Enterprise Zones can be the driving force of local economies as they unlock key development sites, consolidate infrastructure, attract business and create jobs which in turn supports the local community and businesses.
- Business growth: Clifton Business Park has the potential to address the strong demand for high quality employment space within Calderdale, currently unfulfilled due to the lack of any other large site and the development challenges of the few smaller sites available.
- Transport improvements: on-site transport infrastructure will complement and extend the A641 Bradford – Brighouse– Huddersfield Corridor improvement scheme approved by The Combined Authority as one of the schemes forming the West Yorkshire plus Transport Fund.
February - March 2019: We engaged with the public and local businesses about our draft plans. The engagement report is available to review.
October - December 2019: The Outline Planning Application (OPA) and Outline Business Case (OBC) were approved.
July - December 2020: Ground investigation works and ecological site surveys were carried out. On 1 December 2020 the Full Business Case (FBC) including detailed designs for the scheme, were submitted to the West Yorkshire Combined Authority and the Reserved Matters Application (RMA) was submitted to the Council’s planning department. The RMA can be viewed on the Planning Portal, Application Reference Number: 20/01354/LAA.
January – March 2021: The Full Business Case and Reserved Matters Applications are being reviewed and we are awaiting a decision.